Nov 5, 2010

Kenilworth

Boy Dog, the poor old thing, whether he had been abandoned or simply strayed we will never know. I phoned a Pet refuge Sunday morning and was advised to take the dog to a vet which i did, Boy Dog as we called him was an old dog with a gentle nature, i was unsure how he would react with me picking him up and putting him in the Ute but he was fine. The trip to the Vet's he just curled up on the seat, occasionally looking out the window, he was obviously used to being in a car.



The Vet was quite happy to take him in and was certain that even if he wasn't chipped that a loving home would be found for him.

Monday our shower screen was replaced and we left Maroochydore and headed back to Kenilworth. We were thinking of going down to Kalbar for a fortnight but have decided to just hang around here, plenty of places in the hinterland to visit and the coast is only 30mins away. Vickie had an appointment with the Orthologist on Wednesday and he was happy with the eye had progressed since her injection, he wants to see her again in 3 weeks time.

New Black Shower Screen



Our time has been spent site seeing around the districts, a lovely drive to Jimna through the forest and a loop back to Kenilworth Via Malaney, such stunning scenery. We never get tired looking at the views of the Mountains & Valleys. We called in at the Jimna Information centre and was given plenty of local information. A visit to the Jimna Fire Tower which is heritage listed and an historically significant Australian Icon. Friends of the Jimna Fire Tower are currently raising funds to restore it.

Photo Courtesy of the Caboolture Camera Club



Tomorrow is Saturday so that means a trip back to Eumundi and the local markets.

Some Kenilworth Photo's



Kenilworth Public Hall



Kenilworth Main Street



Kenilworth Town Park







Kenilworth Cheese & Yoghurt Factory



Vintage Vellocette Motorbike

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mick & Vicky..Its Poppy from Bangkok.
I been looking trough your photos from 2007 to 2010.
I can see your photographs are improving. I like your photo and I can't wait until I visit some of this places too.Your photo tell the story before I even read what you wrote.
I'm sorry I not talk to much, but I'm a bit shy I speak wrong.
thank you so much to show me your VAN and I HOPE YOU BOTH HAVE GREAT TRAVELS.

Mick said...

Thanks Poppy, it was lovely meeting you & Tim, Good luck with all your future plans, Merry Christmas

Whitney D said...

Appreciate the time you took to post this

Perth Caravan and Camping Show

 Spent the weekend helping out at the Masterpiece Caravan display at the Perth Caravan & Camping Show. Huge crowds in the morning which ...